The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Cinematography (with David Mullen)
David Mullen, director of photography for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel talks to Go Creative Show host Ben Consoli about creating the look for the Amazon hit show. David shares his visual inspiration for the series, the challenges of filming a period piece in modern-day Manhattan, his approach to oners and long shots, achieving the Notre Dom shot, and much more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Cinematography of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Creating the look from vintage advertisements
- David’s relationship with the production designer
- David’s approach to oners / long shots
- Overcoming challenges of filming in modern-day NYC
- Achieving the Notre Dom shot
- And much more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
Magnanimous Rentals – Production equipment rentals and more