The Nature Cinematography of Kong Skull Island (with Ross Riege)
Ross Riege is the cinematographer behind the stunningly beautiful environmental landscape shots from Kong: Skull Island. Ross and I discuss his Indi filmmaking approach to this blockbuster feature and it’s innovative “Nature Unit”.
You Will Learn:
- The Nature Unit of Kong Skull Island
- Working with Jordan Vogt Roberts
- Shooting King of Summer
- Building the perfect cinematographers pitch and mood board
- How the Nature Unit blended with the other shooting units
- How Kong Skull Island blended indie and Hollywood filmmaking
- Shooting landscapes in Vietnam
- Shooting the ABC series The Catch
- The difference between lighting for broadcast tv vs feature film
- and much much more!
- Ross Riege Website
- Ross Riege on Instagram
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Willing To Cry by Tall Prince