The Queen’s Gambit Production Design (with Uli Hanisch)
Uli and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the fundamentals for prepping as a production designer, how Uli made chess visually interesting, creating the most iconic sets of the series, the important role of color, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why 1960s design is so influential (00:54)
- Basics of prepping for production design (03:23)
- Critical role of a production designer (11:03)
- Being tasked with making chess visually interesting (19:07)
- Designing Alma Wheatley’s home (24:54)
- How Beth transforms Alma’s house (35:45)
- Designing unique looks for each hotel (39:22)
- Uli’s favorite set he designed (44:28)
- How color plays an important role in production design (46:17)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
MZed – Education for Creatives