Visual Storytelling (with Alex Buono) GCS067
IN THIS EPISODE:
Today I’m joined by Alex Buono, cinematographer, director and Director of Photography for Saturday Night Live’s Film Unit. Alex shares stories from some of the most iconic and challenging SNL shorts as well as his brand new Visual Storytelling 2 tour.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Tea Time by Lost Harmonies
Spotlight: Alex Buono
Alex Buono has been the director of photography for Saturday Night Live’s Film Unit for over 15 years shooting some of the most iconic comedic shorts in SNL history. The grueling schedule and super-fast turn around are weekly challenges for Alex and his team. But through these challenges come innovative solutions and the ability to produce hilarious content even in the most unusual situations. Over the years Alex has transitioned to shooting films, directing and sharing his wealth of knowledge through is Visual Storytelling tour. Now Alex is back with Visual Storytelling 2 and he has a lot more to share.
- Visual Storytelling 2 tour and what you can expect to learn
- Adding subtext to your film
- Why art direction is the unsung hero of all films
- Breaking down a visual style
- Behind the scenes stories from some of the most iconic SNL shorts
- Embracing imperfection
- Working with editor, Adam Epstein
- The upcoming show “Documentary Now” and working with Fred Armisen and Bill Hader
- Why the look is in the lens, not the camera
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images