Wildlife Cinematography for Netflix’s Our Planet (with Matt Aeberhard)
Matt Aeberhard, wildlife cinematographer for Netflix’s Our Planet, shares his secrets to capturing the breath-taking shots as seen in the docu-series.
Matt and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss what life is like for a wildlife cinematographer, how he trudged through thick swampy jungle with expensive camera gear, ensuring you get the wildlife shots you want, why the Birds of Paradise sequence took 6 weeks to film, advice for aspiring wildlife filmmakers, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- The life of a wildlife cinematographer
- Trudging through a thick, swampy jungle with camera gear
- Ensuring you get the wildlife shots you want
- The logistics of wildlife filmmaking
- Filming the Birds of Paradise for over 6 weeks
- The challenges of filming Orangutans up in the trees
- Matt’s camera and equipment choice for shooting in the jungle
- Why Matt uses Canon’s 50-1000mm lens
- Matt’s DIT media workflow
- The dangers Matt faced while filming wildlife
- Advice for aspiring wildlife filmmakers
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
Magnanimous Rentals – Production equipment rentals and more