Yellowjackets Cinematography (with C Kim Miles ASC CSC)
YELLOWJACKETS follows the wild journey of a high school soccer team after they become the (un)lucky survivors of a plane crash. Cinematographer C Kim Miles ASC CSC breaks down each of the series’ spectacular visual looks.
Kim and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss making creative changes after filming the pilot, choosing lenses based on storyline, the incredible value of a DIT, deconstructing your favorite scenes, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Making creative changes after filming the pilot (03:24)
- Production of television vs feature films (08:20)
- Deconstructing the woods visual approach (14:16)
- Visual tricks to play on the subconscious (20:34)
- Approach to lighting exteriors (24:26)
- Adjusting lenses to affect visual approach (27:54)
- Visual approach to the 90s scenes (33:55)
- Lighting and shooting interior scenes (43:49)
- Choosing a lens based on plot (47:45)
- Deconstructing the episode 8 walk and talk scene (52:28)
- Value of having a DIT on set (58:14)
- Advice for aspiring cinematographers (01:07:37)
- And more!