Zero Gravity (With Tim Webber and Peter Wiggins) GCS021
IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we speak with Tim Webber the brilliant visual effects supervisor for blockbusters like Avatar, The Dark Knight and the recent mega-film Gravity. Tim takes us behind the scenes of Gravity and walks us through his experience creating one of the most technically challenging films in cinema history. Plus Peter Wiggins from FCP.co is one of the first people in the world to use the new Mac Pro and he tells us all about it.
- Januray Rule Events are coming up. More info at Rule.com
- New year, big surprises!
- Newsshooter.com covers the new Sony F5/55 Firmware
- Kessler Parallax is released!
- New Doc by Marco Solorio shot on Black Magic Production Camera
- Matt Allard’s in depth review of the Odyssey 7Q is a must-watch.
Interview: Peter Wiggins from FCP.co
Peter Wiggins, professional editor, founder of Idustrial Revolution and editor of FCP.co is one of the first people in the world to own a new Mac Pro. His recent video shows his experience using FCPX on the new Mac Pro and has nearly 100K views. We discuss Peters experience with the Mac Pro plus his over 30 years of professional editing and his plug-in company.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Spy On The Run by Olive Musique
Spotlight: Tim Webber, Visual Effects Director (Gravity, Avatar)
Tim Webber is the brilliant visual effects supervisor for some of the worlds most celebrated blockbuster films including Avatar, Where the Wild Things Are, The Dark Knight, Clash of the Titans, Children of Men and more. His most recent film, “Gravity” starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock is considered to be one of the most technically challenging and beautifully shot films in the history of cinema. Tim gives us a behind the scenes look at the making of this incredible film. How he created a zero gravity environment, shooting inside LED light boxes and Tim’s virtual camera and motion rig systems. Whether your a professional in the film world or simply a fan of great movies, I’m sure you will be blown away by this look into the mind of a CG genius.
- The making of Gravity
- The advancement of robotic camera rigs
- LED Lightboxes and the other innovations created for “Gravity”
- Working with Alfonso Cuarón
- How Framestore became one of the leading visual effects house in the world
- Making the movie before shooting the movie
- Why Peter and Alfonso chose the Arri Alexa
- The shooting strategy behind 3D
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema