IN THIS EPISODE:
Today filmmaker Ron Dawson and I talk about running a production company. We discuss the challenges and rewards of commercial and corporate video, how to make your company stand out among the competition, and Ron’s philosophy of Collaborative Leveraging and how it could bring you the creative work you desire.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Sweet and Sour by Good News Tunes
Spotlight: Ron Dawson
Ron Dawson is an award-winning filmmaker, new media producer, content marketer, speaker, coach, and author. With over a decade in the production industry he has created successful new media and content marketing campaigns for such companies Apple and Adobe. Ron also writes about the art & business of filmmaking & photography at DareDreamerMag.com Much of Ron’s success is based on this idea of Collaborate Leveraging and we discuss how this technique may be able to give your business a boost.
- The jump from wedding video to corporate.
- How to discuss budget with a new customer
- The creativity of corporate work
- What is “collaborative leveraging”
- Ron’s experience shooting in India
- The Hero’s Journey
- Strategies for shooting internationally
- How becoming an “Idea Company” helps Ron stand out among other production companies
- Are creative aggregation sites like SmartShoot your competition
- SoundandSea.TV and #ImprovJam/span>
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Numbers – A child exploitation and Sex Trafficking
- Ron’s return to podcasting: Cinemaverick
- Official Website for BC Media Productions
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Science of Storytelling (with Derek Thompson) GCS114 - February 17, 2017
- Salary and Rate Negotiation for Creative Professionals (with Jim Hopkinson) GCS113 - February 10, 2017
- Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and the Cinematography of Comic Book Television (with Manuel Billeter) GCS112 - January 23, 2017