IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we speak with Matt Russell, musician, producer and audio-for-picture engineer who’s worked with national recording artists and some of the largest companies in the world. We discuss the marriage between audio and video, his personal workflow and how you can get a better mix on your own projects. Plus Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com joins us to talk about the new Sony 4K consumer camera and the truth behind 2K raw recording with the Odyssey 7Q.
- January Rule Events are coming up. More info at Rule.com
- CES 4K Roundup on Cinema 5d
- Vinyl Rising while digital music sales fall.
- VP9 Vs H.265 Is this the 4K Codec Wars?
- Matt Allard joins us to discuss the Sony AX100 and his experience shooting 2K Raw with the Odyssey 7Q
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Full Circle by Peter McIssac Music
Spotlight: Matt Russell, Audio for Picture Engineer
Matt Russell is a musician, producer and audio for picture engineer who’s worked with national recording artists and some of the largest companies in the world. As a graduate from the Berklee College of Music, Matt has both a love and understanding of music plus a a great talent for mixing and engineering. With nearly 15 years in the industry Matt’s audio for picture work has been booming, mixing for countless short films, corporate videos and television commercials for some of the largest brands in the world. Matt shares his workflow and techniques, explains just how important EQ, Compressors and De-noisers are, and offers simple tips to help your projects sound much better. Every project that is produced through my company BC Media Productions is mixed by Matt and he also mixes the Go Creative Show
- The essential audio plugins
- Why you need to understand compression
- The power of De-noising
- Tips for capturing better audio on-set
- Tips for mixing better audio
- Simple tools you can use to make your own projects sound better
- Stock Music tips
- Matt’s favorite microphones
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Wandering DP and the Power of Social Media for Cinematographers (with Patrick O’Sullivan) GCS117 - March 26, 2017
- Coyote Peterson and the Bites and Stings of Brave Wilderness (with Coyote Peterson and Mark Lavins) GCS116 - March 15, 2017
- The Cinematography of A Cure For Wellness (with Bojan Bazelli) GCS115 - February 28, 2017