IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we talk about how to properly and fully insure you or your production company. We all need insurance, but may be vulnerable in ways we don’t even know. Matt McDonough is a specialist in this field and shares his wealth of knowledge.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Breeze by Joe Sacco
Spotlight: Matt McDonough
Matt L. McDonough is a Specialty Lines Broker at Arts and Entertainment Insurance Brokerage, LLC. and he’s here today to discuss how to become properly insured Whether you’re a freelancer for hire, or the owner of a large production company, you need to be properly and fully insured. Matt is a specialist in the film and video industry and understands the unique requirements we all have. We talk about the limitations of General Liability, Workers Comp and other policies. When there is an accident on set, the last thing you want to be is under insured.
- Who needs insurance
- What kind of insurance do production professionals need
- The limitation of general liability
- The legal responsibility to have workers compensation
- Why a DICE policy might be your best coverage
- Annual vs Short term, what is best for you
- What types of production insurance is available
- How to talk with your clients and vendors about insurance
- What questions to ask your insurance agent.
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Matt McDonough’s website
- Matt McDonough on Twitter @movieinsurance
- Official Website for BC Media Productions
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- A Casting Director Tells All (with Angela Peri) GCS139 - January 18, 2018
- The Disaster Artist and Remaking The Room (with Brandon Trost) GCS138 - January 7, 2018
- Stranger Things Season 2 (with Tim Ives) GCS137 - December 18, 2017