A Million Little Pieces Cinematography (with Jeff Cronenweth)
Jeff and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the constraints of turning a book into a screenplay, how they only had 21 days and $4 million dollars to produce it, how Jeff utilized 3 cameras, the use of practical special effects, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- What Jeff is currently working on for Las Vegas (03:47)
- Behind the scenes of A Million Little Pieces (09:42)
- The constraints of turning the book into a screenplay (14:59)
- How they managed to film for only 21 days and $4 million
- Creating the look for A Million Little Pieces
- Jeff’s camera package
- How Jeff used 3 cameras for A Million Little Pieces (36:10)
- Jeff’s lens package (42:02)
- How color and lighting was motivated for specific scenes (49:18)
- Properly lighting smoke (54:41)
- Using physical special effects for the sewer hallway scene (57:46)
- How the whiskey glass reflection shot was done in-camera (01:01:14)
- Why Jeff embraces fear when working (01:03:35)
- How Jeff uses LED lighting technology (01:04:53)
- Advice for new cinematographers (01:06:30)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love