IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we speak with David Franco, the brilliant Director of Photography for Boardwalk Empire talking about his career, shooting techniques and of course an insiders perspective on Boardwalk Empire. Plus Mike Sutton from Rule Boston Camera comes by to talk about his experience with the MOVI.
- BC Media Productions wins W3 Awards for the home-page video production on Plexxi.com
- The GoPro Hero3+ is released. Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com shows you whats new?
- Mike Sutton posts a great demo video about the MOVI and talks about it on our show.
- Red Dragon 6K footage available for download at NoFilmSchool.com
- Netflix goes SUPER HD.. What does it mean for you?
- Adobe is hacked, how can you protect yourself?
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Spanish Rumble Pt 2 by Senbei
Spotlight: Boardwalk Inspire. A Conversation with David Franco, DP of Boardwalk Empire.
- David Franco talks about is brilliant work as Director of Photography for Boardwalk Empire
- Lighting with windows.. Lazy, or liberating
- When to move the camera
- Headroom and shooting into ceilings
- How David turns present day NYC into the 1920’s
- How David went from music videos to film to the golden age of TV
- Shooting Game of Thrones
- The color grading workflow of Boardwalk Empire
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- David Franco Official Website
- Mike Suttons MOVI Demo
- Ben Consoli’s award winning video work for Plexxi Website
- NewsShooter.com Official Website
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Don’t forget you can get 20% OFF any Crumplepop product by using code “Need20” at checkout!
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- Production Design for Game Shows (with James Pearse Connelly) GCS150 - August 24, 2018
- Mobile Filmmaking (with Neill Barham and Chris Demiris) GCS149 - July 30, 2018
- The Art of Food Photography (with Sarah Fennel) GCS148 - July 2, 2018