The Righteous Gemstones Cinematography (with Paul Daley)
THE RIGHTEOUS GEMSTONES director of photography Paul Daley breaks down his visual approach to season 3. We discuss the various camera movement, lighting, and lensing tricks he used to advance the latest season. Find out how the lotus scene was shot practically, how Paul makes studio sets look real, and so much more.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Shooting the Locust scene practically (02:26)
- Visual approach to season 3 (07:45)
- Using both Signature and Supreme lenses (16:35)
- Camera movement and lighting (20:35)
- Approach to night exteriors (25:33)
- Practical locations vs sets (29:12)
- Filming the racecar and monster truck scenes (36:43)
- Paul’s favorite scene in season 3 (41:14)
- And more!