Newton Thomas Sigel is the visionary cinematographer for the highly anticipated film Bohemian Rhapsody. Tom joins Go Creative Show host and commercial director Ben Consoli to discuss Tom’s decision to shoot with the Alexa 65, creating a visual language for Freddie Mercury’s story, recreating Live Aid, and all the behind-the-scenes secrets you need to know.
Michael Simmonds is the director of photography for the 2018 sequel to the classic horror film Halloween. Michael and Go Creative Show host Ben Consoli discuss shooting the film, working with director David Gordon Green, the parallels between horror and comedy and filmmaking philosophies that everyone can use.
IN THIS EPISODE:
Robert McLachlan is the brilliant cinematographer behind the lens of some of the most iconic Game of Thrones episodes and he’s here today to share behind the scenes secrets.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: So Ready by Young Presidents
Spotlight: Robert McLachlan
Cinematographer Robert McLachlan is the director of photography for Ray Donovan, Westworld, and some of the most iconic episodes of Game of Thrones. Robert and I dive deep into the cinematography of Game of Thrones, discussing the behind the scenes secrets from the epic Loot Train Battle, the classic Red Wedding scene, and many more of your favorite and most memorable Game of Thrones moments
- Secrets from the Loot Train Battle
- Blocking the sunlight with smoke
- Working with first time director Matt Shakman
- Delegating responsibilities to make the scene work
- Shireen’s Death on Game of Thrones
- Using a closed shutter to create an unsettling mood
- The classic noir cinematography of Ray Donovan
- Jon Snows death scene
- Shooting on Alexa cameras
- Secrets from the Red Wedding scene
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- The stories behind Game of Thrones most iconic scenes
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema