Film Strike (with Jim Denault ASC)
By a nearly unanimous margin, IATSE members in TV and film production vote to authorize a nationwide strike. Cinematographer Jim Denault ASC explains the proposed changes union workers are looking for and why they matter.
Jim and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the existing working conditions, what has changed over the decades in the industry, the opposition to the new terms, worldwide support, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Changing the film working conditions (01:19)
- Length of average film production days (05:30)
- Fighting for longer turnaround times (11:10)
- Varying rates depending on project (15:38)
- Opposition to these new terms (20:21)
- Improvements for meal breaks (24:35)
- Unions supporting each other worldwide (30:38)
- The importance of having a union (33:21)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
MZed – Education for Creatives