Film Strike (with Jim Denault ASC)
By a nearly unanimous margin, IATSE members in TV and film production vote to authorize a nationwide strike. Cinematographer Jim Denault ASC explains the proposed changes union workers are looking for and why they matter.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Changing the film working conditions (01:19)
- Length of average film production days (05:30)
- Fighting for longer turnaround times (11:10)
- Varying rates depending on project (15:38)
- Opposition to these new terms (20:21)
- Improvements for meal breaks (24:35)
- Unions supporting each other worldwide (30:38)
- The importance of having a union (33:21)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
MZed – Education for Creatives