DIY DOP (with Adam Starr)
Today we welcome Director of Photography Adam Starr. I call him the DIY DOP because his unconventional and home made camera and lighting tricks have been used on countless commercials, corporate videos and feature films. Adam teaches us his unusual techniques for white balance and in-camera effects plus some inexpensive lighting tricks that will amaze you.
You Will Learn:
- Why balancing to white is so boring
- How to make the most out of what you already have.
- Why old school in-camera effects are sometimes the best option.
- Home Depot may be the best place to buy your next set of production lighting
- LED’s vs Florescent vs Incandescent
- How to incorporate solar power onto your next shoot.
- and more..
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Lynda.com – You Can Learn It!
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: December Joy by Lost Harmonies