Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Cinematography (with Steve Yedlin ASC)
GLASS ONION: A KNIVES OUT MYSTERY director of photography Steve Yedlin, ASC gives a masterclass in murder mystery cinematography. Learn how the blackout scene was shot, techniques for filming ensemble casts, and how motivated camera movement was its own character in the film.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Steve’s thoughts on streaming distribution (04:31)
- HDR problems and TV calibration (10:24)
- Camera package used on GLASS ONION (16:11)
- Lens filters and custom modifications (18:45)
- Lighting techniques and technologies for GLASS ONION (26:18)
- Lighting philosophies and embracing glass reflections (31:54)
- Creating the lighthouse lighting rig (38:23)
- Filming large ensamble scenes and understanding eyelines (46:50)
- How camera motion is used in GLASS ONION (53:56)
- And more!