HBO’s VICE (With Jerry Ricciotti and Dan Meyers)
Today your host Ben Consoli speaks with Cameraman Jerry Ricciotti and Equipment Manager Dan Meyer from the HBO Documentary Series VICE. We talk about the dangerous and extreme places they cover around the globe including Afganistan, Libya, North Korea and more, also what cameras they use and why. Plus Ross Shain from Imagineer Systems comes on the show to talk about the rotoscoping and tracking utility Mocha Pro.
You Will Learn:
- Why they chose C300
- The most terrifying places to shoot in the world
- How the current state of news delivery motivated Dan to work on VICE
- Why Chicago is one of the most dangerous places on earth
- What can we expect in Season 2
- Shooting strategies for every corner of the world
- Why Arri Amira may be the perfect documentary camera
- The strategies behing shooting the real world as it is.
- And much more.
- Newsshooter.com interview with the guys from HBO’s VICE
- 2 Mocha Pro
- HBO’s VICE
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Beach Rabbit by Senbei