Hurl World (With Shane Hurlbut)
Today we speak with Shane Hurlbut, A.S.C, the world-renowned cinematographer for 18 feature films including Terminator: Salvation, Drumline, Act of Valor and the upcoming Need For Speed. Shane shares his experiences shooting everything from multi-million dollar blockbusters to music videos and commercials, plus, we learn how his hugely successful, HurlBlog got its start. You may be surprised.
You Will Learn:
- Need For Speed BTS
- Mixing Go Pro with Alexa and Canon C500
- Hero 3+ was created for Need For Speed
- Shane’s early music video work
- Making a living with Vine
- How Shane’s farm life made him who he is today
- Shane’s brilliant commercial career and his spot for Prudential
- Canon’s philosophy and why he loves it
- The role of a DP
- Why failure is good
- And much more.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Hotel Lounge by Styve Bolduc