Nobody Cinematography (with Pawel Pogorzelski)
NOBODY is a thrilling, high-paced action movie starring BETTER CALL SAUL’s Bob Odenkirk. Cinematographer Pawel Pogorzelski shares his experiences coming from films like MIDSOMMAR and HEREDITARY to NOBODY – his first action film.
Pawel and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss how the his cinematic approach evolves throughout the movie, his close relationship with the stunt coordinator, why the car chases were the so challenging, lighting for the darkness, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Working with actor Bob Odenkirk (01:02)
- First experience on an action movie (02:31)
- Character development through camera movement and lighting (06:08)
- Prepping and storyboarding for action movies (09:44)
- How cinematographers work with stunt coordinators (15:07)
- Why car chases are so challenging (21:40)
- Achieving the floating gun shot (28:31)
- Shooting anamorphic with the RED Helium (30:49)
- Recreating a vintage 70s look (34:45)
- Lighting for the darkness (37:22)
- Filming simple dialogue in films (43:07)
- Going from MIDSOMMAR to NOBODY (46:45)
- Making haze look realistic on movies (48:38)
- Most challenging part of filming NOBODY (50:26)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
MZed – Education for Creatives