Shooting Disasters (With Matt Allard)
Today we speak with Matthew Allard A.C.S., camera operator for Aljazeera English who has covered some of the worlds most devastating natural disasters. He recently covered Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines and he’s here today to discuss his methods and philosophies for shooting disasters around the world.
You Will Learn:
- Shooting natural disasters
- How to prepare for the unknown
- Shooting responsibly
- Letting the scene “breathe”
- BTS from Typhoon Haiyan
- What camera package works for Matt
- Expecting the unexpected
- Survival techniques in disaster areas
- The art of news gathering
- And much more.
- Matt Allards Vimeo Page
- Amazing inflatable soft boxes from AirboxLights.com
- Nori SquareBounce is amazing
- Aljazeera English
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Human Nature by Olive Musique