Sound Advice (with Frank Serafine)
Today I’m joined by Matt Russell as we conclude our coverage of NAB 2015 with an interview with legendary Hollywood sound designer, Frank Serafine. We discuss his incredible career designing sound for films like Star Trek, Tron and The Hunt for Red October plus his upcoming nationwide Sound Advice tour.
You Will Learn:
- How “space sounds” on a mellotron started a career.
- Working for Disney and the Space Mountain pavilion
- The old school days of film sound design.
- Creating sound for science fiction vs real life.
- The Hunt for Red October, the first film mixed on ProTools, and his Oscar Award
- Why the sound of a film has roughly 70% more impact than the visuals
- Designing sound for interactive projects like Grand Theft Auto and theme park entertainment
- The Sound Advice Tour
- and more…
- Official Website for Frank Serafine at www.FrankSerafine.com
- Frank Serafine’s Sound Advice Tour
- Official Website for BC Media Productions
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Running in Slow Motion by Good News Tunes