Succession Season 3 Cinematography (with Patrick Capone and Christopher Norr)
SUCCESSION season 3 cinematographers Christopher Norr and Patrick Capone join us to discuss the show’s multi-camera handheld-style and natural lighting.
Christopher, Patrick, and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, share why they film close up shots first, showing vulnerability through cinematography, working as co-cinematographers, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- In-the-moment handheld visual approach (01:10)
- Deciding what to shoot handheld (08:38)
- Perfectly timing lens zooms (10:32)
- Having such a variety in takes (14:50)
- Choosing to shoot close ups first (21:21)
- Why SUCCESSION is shot on film (28:04)
- 360º approach to lighting (30:41)
- Vulnerability through cinematography (38:25)
- Filming Kendall differently in season 3 (42:34)
- Working together as cinematographers (45:01)
- Challenging scenes in SUCCESSION (47:58)
- And more!
- SUCCESSION IMDb
- Christopher Noor’s IMDb
- Christopher Noor’s Instagram
- Patrick Capone’s IMDb
- Patrick Capone’s Instagram
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
MZed – Education for Creatives
One comment on “Succession Season 3 Cinematography (with Patrick Capone and Christopher Norr)”
I have had my camera on my shoulder for 25 years and i would very much like to discuss the reality style of ’succession’.
What makes the dp and operaters think they are even getting close to the reality style?
Comments are closed.