In this Go Creative Show podcast, we cover all the news and releases from NAB 2014 with Dan Chung and Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com.
Today we speak with Shane Reynolds, AKA Shane-O the host and producer for a variety of travel programs on National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel and more. With over 15 years experience, Shane has mastered the 1-man-band approach to video production and has done so while traveling the world. We discuss his camera package, mobile edit suite, managing budgets and more.
- Odessey 7Q gets ProRes and FS700 Raw
- Zacuto’s First Look at the Panasonic GH4
- 5 Tips for working in High Frame Rates
- BC Media Productions releases 4 new TV commercials for Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Rule Boston Camera events in March
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Right in Front of your Face By Brightside Studio
Spotlight: Shane Reynolds
Shane Reynolds is an award winning producer, director and editor who’s production company, Color Earth, has produced documentaries, tv series and online programming that aired internationally on networks such as National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, BBC and more. With over 15 years of experience Shane has redefined the 1-man-band approach to video production and has shot all over the world. We discuss his camera package and editing platform, managing budgets and working with networks, producing for web vs television and of course stories from his experiences shooting in nearly every continent around the globe.
- Redefining the One-Man-Band approach to video production
- Living and working in Nashville
- Working for Discovery Channel
- Working in Africa
- Shooting in the Sahara
- How to manage a budget
- Transition from a music to a video career
- How to “weed out” serious clients
- Producing a web series vs a tv series
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema