IN THIS EPISODE:
Rule Boston Camera
New Sponsor – Hedge for Mac
Hedge for Mac is the fastest way to backup your media
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Positive Day by K-Lo Music
Spotlight: Niels Alpert
Niels Alpert is a New York based Director of Photography who’s worked on shows including Graceland, White Collar, The Wire and more. He’s here today to talk about his work on the latest season of The Jim Gaffigan Show, where he uses the innovative CRLS lighting system to create a unique look that embraces the shadows. We also discuss how Niels is inspired by Renaissance artists, and how he turns that inspiration into beautiful cinematography.
- How Hieronymus Bosch and Caravaggio inspired Niels’ work
- Why Travel is essential for creative people
- Why good artists borrow, great artists steal
- Embracing the dark in comedy
- How Gordon Willis inspired Niels’ work
- Niels’ work shooting White Collar
- Lighting for Jim Gaffigan’s sensitive eyes
- Lighting comedy clubs around New York
- Roger Deakins
- Shooting with 2 Arri Alexa’s and Master Primes
- Christian Berger’s CRLS Lighting system
- Why still photography can inspire your next film
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Niels Alpert Official Website
- The Jim Gaffigan Show
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images