The Wandering DP and the Power of Social Media for Cinematographers (with Patrick O’Sullivan) GCS117
Patrick O’Sullivan is the brilliant cinematographer known only as The Wandering DP and he’s on the show today to discuss his career in cinematography, his podcast and his passion for sharing knowledge.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Mystical Mountain by Robert Meunier
Spotlight: Brave Wilderness
Patrick O’Sullivan is the wildly talented cinematographer known only as The Wandering DP. He started his career as a colorist but quickly transitioned into a director of photography by obsessively studying vimeo videos and discovering the lighting patterns in his favorite clips. As the Wandering DP, Patrick shares not only his beautiful work with the world, he also shares his process through his website, blog and podcast. Join us as we talk about cameras, lights, the power of social media and more!
- The importance of social media for director of photographers
- Patricks background as a colorist
- Starting a career with a Canon T2i
- Why Patrick shares knowledge with the world
- How to talk with your clients about sharing behind the scenes
- Patricks camera and lens choices
- Lighting techniques
- Learning from False color
- Tips for working with directors
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema