The Bear Cinematography (with Andrew Wehde)
THE BEAR is a masterclass in creating visual chaos and its director of photography Andrew Wehde shares his camera and lighting techniques and philosophies.
Andrew and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss tips of filming food, how his approach to cinematography is different in and out of the kitchen, use of camera movement, approach to lighting, and so much more.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Creating chaos with Cinematography (05:01)
- The benefits of efficiency in filmmaking (09:06)
- Advice on filming food (15:23)
- Comparing the cinematography inside and outside the kitchen (18:50)
- Filming on the Alexa Mini LF (20:23)
- The lighting design of THE BEAR (21:55)
- Andrew’s use of camera movement on THE BEAR (27:53)
- Breaking down the 20-minute oner shot in episode 7 (30:46)
- Andrew’s favorite scenes, and why (48:28)
- And more!