The Long Road Home (with Seth Reed)
Our guest today is Seth Reed, the Emmy nominated production design for the National Geographic miniseries The Long Road Home. Seth and I discuss the challenges and benefits of shooting at Fort Hood in Texas and how he created the biggest standing set in North America.
You Will Learn:
- What does a production design do
- Seth’s work on The Long Road Home
- Creating Bagdad in Texas
- Building the largest standing set in North America
- The challenges and benefits of shooting at Fort Hood
- The responsibility of designing The Long Road Home
- Working with real soldiers from “Black Sunday”
- The difference between Art Direction and Productinon Design
- Working with Neil deGrasse Tyson on Cosmos
- The relationship between director, cinematographer and production designer
- and much much more!
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Playing Footsey by Brightside Studios