IN THIS EPISODE:
Rule Boston Camera
New Sponsor – Hedge for Mac
Hedge for Mac is the fastest way to backup your media
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Glory Days by Reaktor Productions
Spotlight: Oscar Rene Lozoya
Oscar Rene Lozoya is the editor of NBC hit series Chicago Fire, producer of a viral video with over 30 million views, and director of the feature film “How We Met” which recently won the Dances With Films Audience Award. Oscar and I talk about the editing workflows and challenges of a hit network series, becoming a YouTube partner, and his experience directing his award winning feature film for under $1000.
- Editing Chicago Fire
- Avoiding being a typecast editor
- The editing workflow of Chicago Fire
- The viral success of “Super Baby”
- What is a YouTube Partner and what opportunities are available to you
- How We Met feature film
- Premiering at Dances With Films
- The benefits of shooting in Flagstaff AZ
- Shooting on Blackmagic Cinema and Pocket cameras
- Why the Rokinon cine lens set was a good choice
- The pro’s and con’s of doing everything yourself
- Promoting your film
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Making of Negative (with Joshua Caldwell) GCS132 - October 13, 2017
- IBC 2017 (with Erik Naso) GCS131 - October 4, 2017
- Creative Entrepreneurs (with Jeffrey Shaw) GCS130 - September 16, 2017