IN THIS EPISODE:
Our guest today is award winning director, writer, and producer Joshua Caldwell. Joshua has enjoyed great success with his latest film “Layover” and we dive deep into the strategies behind producing and distributing indi films. I guarantee you’ll be surprised and inspired by Joshua’s story.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Another Way by Allegory Music
Spotlight: Joshua Caldwell
Joshua Caldwell is an accomplished director, writer and producer born and raised in Seattle, Washington. After winning an MTV Movie Award, he began working with a number of high profile producers and turned those connections into brilliant and successful films. Joshua shares stories from his recent feature film Layover. Produced with an astoundingly low budget, Layover has really become a case study in how to distribute an indie film. If you ever wanted to know how to properly promote and distribute your film, this is an interview you won’t want to miss.
- Strategies for film festivals
- What is the value of your film?
- What is “direct distribution” and why may it be the best choice for your film
- Joshua’s work with Anthony Zuiker
- Using Vimeo On Demand for distribution
- Using GumRoad.com for direct distribution
- Shooting a feature film for only $6,000
- A new strategy for premiering your film
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema