Film Score and More (With Haim Mazar and Matt Allard)
Today we speak with Hollywood film composer Haim Mazar who recently scored the film THE ICEMAN starring Michael Shannon and James Franco. We discuss the process of film scoring, the challenges of working with directors and producers and how you can jumpstart your film composing career. Plus Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com tells us all about the new Sony A7, A7R and RX10 cameras.
You Will Learn:
- How to break into the film composing industry
- The music business in Israel
- Scoring the major motion picture “The Iceman”
- What software and hardware does Haim use and why
- Colaborating with Directors, Editors and Producers
- Working with and recording live orchestras
- The challenges of film scoring
- When not to use music
- And much more.
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Daydreamer by Olive Musique
Don’t forget you can get 20% OFF any Crumplepop product by using code “Need20” at checkout!