IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we speak with Hollywood film composer Haim Mazar who recently scored the film THE ICEMAN starring Michael Shannon and James Franco. We discuss the process of film scoring, the challenges of working with directors and producers and how you can jumpstart your film composing career. Plus Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com tells us all about the new Sony A7, A7R and RX10 cameras.
- Wednesday October 23rd is the 2nd Annual Garage Sale
- FXGuide.com does an article on the visual FX of “Gravity”
- Vincent Laforet to speak at Rule Boston Camera on October 22, Click here for more info
- Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com talks about the new Sony Cameras.
- Philip Bloom reviews the iPhone 5s slow-motion video
- Listen to Ben’s appearance on the Digital Production Buzz
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Daydreamer by Olive Musique
Spotlight: Haim Mazar, Film Composer
Haim Mazar is a Hollywood film composer who recently completed the score for the film ICEMAN starring Michael Shannon, James Franco, Wynona Rider, Ray Liotta and more. Haim was born in the US but grew up in Israel and toured the country with top Isreali artists as keyboardist and musical director. He returned to the US in 2005 and attended Berklee College of Music in Boston and toured with some major musical acts like Gloria Estefan and The Edge from U2.
- How to break into the film composing industry
- The music business in Israel
- Scoring the major motion picture “The Iceman”
- What software and hardware does Haim use and why
- Colaborating with Directors, Editors and Producers
- Working with and recording live orchestras
- The challenges of film scoring
- When not to use music
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Don’t forget you can get 20% OFF any Crumplepop product by using code “Need20” at checkout!
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- Production Design for Game Shows (with James Pearse Connelly) GCS150 - August 24, 2018
- Mobile Filmmaking (with Neill Barham and Chris Demiris) GCS149 - July 30, 2018
- The Art of Food Photography (with Sarah Fennel) GCS148 - July 2, 2018