IN THIS EPISODE: Today we discuss all the news from IBC 2015 with special guest Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com Everything you need to know about the latest cameras, lighting, and audio gear is packed into this episode. The Go Creative Show is supported by Kessler – www.kesslercrane.com Rule Boston Camera – www.rule.com PremiumBeat.com NewsShooter.com Shutterstock… Continue Reading …
Today we discuss “Monster Makeup” with special effects makeup artist Frank Ippolito. Frank shares stories from his work on films, television shows and his production company Ghost Works LLC. Frank also shares his techniques and what inspires him to create unique movie monsters. Then Matt Allard, ACS joins us to discuss all the latest industry news stories on NewsShooter.com
- Rule Boston Camera has informative FREE Learning Labs all month long. RSVP here.
- Odessey 7Q+ ships with 2 free SSD’s
- Atomos Shogun firmware update
- A7 M2 firmware improves stabilization dramatically
- Go Pro adds 240fps and more
- DJI wireless thumb controller for the Ronin
- DJI offers free piloting lessons
- Paralinx Triton wireless HDMI transmitter
- Zacuto Gradical HD VS a car!
- Rokinon 135 is out and is fantastic
- A conversation about color
- The Misfit Bolt lights are giving the Phillips Hue some real competition.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Shining Stars by Vincent Tone
Spotlight: Frank Ippolito
Frank Ippolito is a special effects makeup artist with over a decade in the industry. Frank has built an incredible portfolio of work for film, television and more. We discuss Franks work on Pirates of the Caribbean and his two seasons as a contestant on the SyFy Channel’s hit competition show “Face Off”. Frank shares his techniques, his sources of inspiration and how he keeps his monsters looking fresh and unique. Frank Ippolito has been making monsters since age 10 and is here today to share his story with the Go Creative Show audience.
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Hollywood is a social scene
- Joining the union
- Designing a vampire in a new way
- the differences and similarities of fashion and special effects makeup
- How does his directing experience influence his makeup career.
- His experiences on FACE OFF season 1 and 5
- Frank’s work on Tested.com
- His podcast CreatureGeeks
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Today we are covering Drone videography from all sides with four fantastic guests starting with Jos Stiglingh the creator of the mega-viral video “Fireworks filmed with a drone”. Then we are joined by two lawyers, Matt Saunders, a copyright attorney who discusses the legality of drones and the copyright issues that go with it and Jonathan Rupprecht, an attorney, commercial pilot and unmanned aircraft consultant that discusses the current FAA regulations. And finally, we invite Paul Antico, film maker and drone enthusiast, to talk about how he captures, grades and edits footage shot with a Go Pro and the DJI Phantom.