The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey Cinematography (with Shawn Peters)
Learn the masterful way that cinematographer Shawn Peters visually portrayed dementia in THE LAST DAYS OF PTOLEMY GREY on Apple TV+.
Shawn and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss how to use different lenses and camera tricks to evolve a show’s look over time, using broken glass to create stunning in-camera effects, how to create the perfect day for night, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Working on an Oscar-winning project (00:55)
- Incorporating archive footage into a project (03:41)
- Did Will Smith’s slap take away from winning an Oscar? (11:10)
- Establishing an evolving look to the series (12:54)
- Using broken glass to create unique in-camera effects (18:48)
- Portraying character development through different lenses (29:22)
- How to do a perfect day for night (41:15)
- Creating realistic moonlight (49:23)
- Lighting and filming realistic fire scenes (55:54)
- And more!