IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we speak with Matthew Allard A.C.S., camera operator for Aljazeera English who has covered some of the worlds most devastating natural disasters. He recently covered Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines and he’s here today to discuss his methods and philosophies for shooting disasters around the world.
- December Rule Events are coming up. More info at Rule.com
- Airbox inflatable softboxes are a must buy
- Ben is having RAID problems
- Kessler Parallax is released!
- Atamos updates their OS to 5.1 with big changes
- NewsShooter.com interviews Frank Sauer on his amazing new short video “Holi Shit”
- The 10 myths about making it in the entertainment industry
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Human Nature by Olive Musique
Spotlight: Matthew Allard, A.C.S
Matthew Allard ACS is an award winning Camera operator and Editor in TV news for more 24 years currently working for Aljazeera English. He’s also a major contributor to NewsShooter.com. Matt has covered news events in more than 40 countries, from major sporting events to terrorist bombings. Matt is often faced with assignments in devastated areas, covering many worldwide natural disasters like the Japanese Tsunami and most recently the Typhoon in the Philippines. He’s here today to discuss how he prepares physically and mentally for these challenging situations. What to pack, how to shoot in a responsible way, what equipment is best for these extreme situations and more.
- Shooting natural disasters
- How to prepare for the unknown
- Shooting responsibly
- Letting the scene “breathe”
- BTS from Typhoon Haiyan
- What camera package works for Matt
- Expecting the unexpected
- Survival techniques in disaster areas
- The art of news gathering
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Matt Allards Vimeo Page
- Amazing inflatable soft boxes from AirboxLights.com
- Nori SquareBounce is amazing
- Aljazeera English
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- 1 Million Download Celebration (with Matt Workman and Rob Bessette) GCS140 - February 15, 2018
- A Casting Director Tells All (with Angela Peri) GCS139 - January 18, 2018
- The Disaster Artist and Remaking The Room (with Brandon Trost) GCS138 - January 7, 2018