Dopesick Cinematography (with Checco Varese ASC)
Award-winning series DOPESICK is a masterclass in breathtaking cinematography and storytelling. Director of photography Checco Varese ASC shares how he evolved the show’s visual approach throughout the series.
Checco and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the importance of dailies looking as close to final as possible, making office spaces visually-appealing, lighting an entire house for a oner, and much more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Evolving color palette of DOPESICK (04:31)
- Pairing the Sony Venice and FX3 with Zeiss lenses (16:57)
- Importance of having dailies represent a final look (26:39)
- Cinematography of people under the influence (34:00)
- Making office spaces visually appealing (40:05)
- Lighting an entire house for one continuous shot (46:49)
- How COVID impacted the production of DOPESICK (50:04)
- Importance of historical accuracy (55:36)
- And more!
- Amazon’s Them Cinematography (with Checco Varese ASC)
- The Cinematic Violence of IT Chapter 2 (with Checco Varese)
- DOPESICK IMDb
- DOPESICK on Hulu
- DOPESICK trailer
- Tiffen 4 x 5.65″ Solid Color Chocolate 1/2 Filter – 45650CH12
- Checco Varese ASC’s Instagram
- Checco Varese ASC’s IMDb