IN THIS EPISODE: Today we invite Sam Painter, the documentary cinematographer behind some of the most influential modern documentaries including Going Clear and Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine The Go Creative Show is supported by Kessler – www.kesslercrane.com Rule Boston Camera – www.rule.com PremiumBeat.com NewsShooter.com Shutterstock The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week Listen… Continue Reading …
Today filmmaker Ron Dawson and I talk about running a production company. We discuss the challenges and rewards of commercial and corporate video, how to make your company stand out among the competition, and Ron’s philosophy of Collaborative Leveraging and how it could bring you the creative work you desire.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Sweet and Sour by Good News Tunes
Spotlight: Ron Dawson
Ron Dawson is an award-winning filmmaker, new media producer, content marketer, speaker, coach, and author. With over a decade in the production industry he has created successful new media and content marketing campaigns for such companies Apple and Adobe. Ron also writes about the art & business of filmmaking & photography at DareDreamerMag.com Much of Ron’s success is based on this idea of Collaborate Leveraging and we discuss how this technique may be able to give your business a boost.
- The jump from wedding video to corporate.
- How to discuss budget with a new customer
- The creativity of corporate work
- What is “collaborative leveraging”
- Ron’s experience shooting in India
- The Hero’s Journey
- Strategies for shooting internationally
- How becoming an “Idea Company” helps Ron stand out among other production companies
- Are creative aggregation sites like SmartShoot your competition
- SoundandSea.TV and #ImprovJam/span>
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Numbers – A child exploitation and Sex Trafficking
- Ron’s return to podcasting: Cinemaverick
- Official Website for BC Media Productions
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Today we invite Gregory Middleton, cinematographer and director of photography for the AMC and Netflix series The Killing. We discuss how Netflix saved the show, the new visual direction of season 4, the film industry in Vancouver and more. Plus Gregory shares insight into his next project Game Of Thrones!
In this Go Creative Show podcast, we speak with Cameraman Jerry Ricciotti and Equipment Manager Dan Meyer from the HBO Documentary Series VICE.