The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Happy Indie Holidays by Young Presidents
Spotlight: Joshua Caldwell
Named “the best music video director in the world” by Stereogum in 2016, Grant Singer has directed visually stunning works of music video art for artists including The Weeknd, Skrillex, Lorde, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and many more. He’s also directed some of the most engaging advertisements circulating today. We dive deep into music video and commercial industry, discussing securing clients, managing agency relationships, the expectations of record label and how sometimes the biggest pop stars allow the most creative freedom.
- A directors creative process
- The challenges and rewards of working with celebrities
- Balancing the artists wishes with the record labels demands
- Working with a director of photography to get the look you want
- Grant’s focus on color pallets
- Helping an artist speak to their audience through a video
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Grant Singer Official Website
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema